Friday, October 3, 2008

China Revisited


Growing up in Miramichi, NB, Canada the thought of one day visiting China was just an unimaginable dream. Now here I am typing this post from Hong Kong and preparing to enter mainland China for the second time in the past 18 months. I am well aware that most people will never get the opportunity to travel to Asia even once during their lifetime, yet here I am again. For that, I am very greatful and appreciative.


The purpose of this trip is to provide professional development in the area of technology for teaching staffs at four Canadian International schools located in Shenzhen and Beijing. The primary focus is on SMART Board Training and how to create an effective lesson using this type of technology. My involvement with SMART Boards has led me from the hills of Hollywood to the Great Wall of China, and from the Rocky Mountains of Alberta to the Gateway Arch in St.Louis. Hard to believe that less then 10 years ago I began my teaching career and was worrying about finding work and now here I am jetsetting around the globe playing on a magic board that is captivating students and teachers alike. Not sure how much longer this thrill ride is going too last, but one thing I do know is that I am going to enjoy every single minute of it.


2 comments:

nbteacher said...

Who is the old guy in the picture?

- Zal

Mr.S said...

Ahhhh just some bum that I met on the Wall!